Old Family Rednose Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFRN MEMORIAL

+4
Southern Inferno
Flametree
BillyT
norcalreds
8 posters

Go down

OFRN MEMORIAL Empty OFRN MEMORIAL

Post  norcalreds Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:34 pm

The Old Family Rednose bloodline is one of the most significant bloodlines in all of the American Pitbull Terrier's history. There were many great men and a few women who dedicated decades to help solidify the foundation of what is known as the Old Family Reds. In the very beginning it was William J. Lightner and Con Feeley who bred the very first dogs that are credited for being the foundation of what eventually became the Old Family Reds. The two more recognized individuals today are Bob Hemphill and Jake Wilder. They have passed away many years ago. But there are many more that contributed after them. I just learned from a well recognized individual who is also a member of this forum that there were 3 significant individuals that have recently passed away; Mrs. Marsha Woods, Mr. Bill Pritts, and Mr. Ron Sitzes. Many of us who have OFRN dogs today will see these 3 individuals names in the first 4 generations of our dogs pedigrees. It is because of all these Great Men & Women that we stand proud of the bloodline that we choose to admire. The OFRN is one of the oldest and most historical bloodlines and it will always remain the Best of the Best in my opinion!

This section is dedicated to the memory of all those who made what the OFRN is today!
norcalreds
norcalreds
Mod
Mod

http://www.norcalreds.com

Back to top Go down

OFRN MEMORIAL Empty Its off to a great start

Post  BillyT Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:40 am

Gppd start
If my memory was like it was many years ago I might be abled to have filled pages of the dog men and women
that are now gone.
I met alot of fanciers of the O.F.R.N. strain that went back to the old country mainly Ireland.But that was
over forty years ago.The names are hard to come by with all those years gone by.
These men and women kept mostly to thenselfs.It was hard to gain there confidence and be in the click.
I only wish that I would have kept a record log of the men and women and their dogs.
One has to remember that the pedigrees on their dogs were hand written and not registered by kennel
clubs.But back then those dogs that were seen still had hand written pedigrees.
But alot of the fanciers not all but a few kept their dogs pedigrees as if they were top secret.And alot of those
dogs came from the orginal stock that came here in late 1800's from the old country.But the only thing that
I can recall from those that kept dogs from the old country was they were called by IRISH RED's.
Like I said only if I would have kept a record back then.
Dogs that came over to the U.S. were what they called family dogs of names I could not even prodnouce.
As time went on and the strains were being crossed they started to take on a different look.
I used to have alot of books at one time and that is where one can find some of the names of the old
faciers.
This would be a good place to start adding a memorial to those gone by.
Thw book by WAYNE D. BROWN gave alot of info about the dogs reffed today as the old family red nose.
I know over the years I mentioned that their was a book or magizine put out by BOB HEMPHILL and refered
to as the old family red nose club.
Yet nobody seems to know of its where abouts to this day.alot of famcers today still dissagree that there
was such a mag or book,but enouh eyes viewed it before it dissapeared.
So with that said go to the libary and look up information on the fanciers and the dogs themselfs.I beleive
one could gather enough info to the past and present.
Alot of dogs and their onwers never received a drop of credit so this is the best way to honer them
in todays times.For myself and many others time is growing short so its going to be up to what Wallace once
said the Pepsi generation.

BillyT

Back to top Go down

OFRN MEMORIAL Empty I honour those that came before me,,,

Post  Flametree Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I have said many times that these old dogs are not ours but are borrowed. I have hoped that in the few litters I have produced that there will be one,,,the one dog that will carry the line into the future. We would not have had these old dogs if it weren't for those that came before us and all credit goes to them. By next year I will be out of the dogs as I can no longer keep up due age and poor health. I will keep my Koda dog as he is my Guardian and friend and perhaps I can learn to do the frozen semen so I can preserve his genes for the future. Maybe those that follow will be generouse with their knowledge and pass it on just as it was passed down to me.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=221809

Flametree
Flametree
Flametree
Honored Member
Honored Member

http://www.flametreekennels.net

Back to top Go down

OFRN MEMORIAL Empty Old Family Memorial Collage

Post  norcalreds Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:48 pm

OFRN MEMORIAL Desktop
norcalreds
norcalreds
Mod
Mod

http://www.norcalreds.com

Back to top Go down

OFRN MEMORIAL Empty Re: OFRN MEMORIAL

Post  Southern Inferno Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Nice Al!
Southern Inferno
Southern Inferno
Admin
Admin

http://www.southerninfernokennels.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  keenanskennel Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 am

Most of the sitze family has passed away now. There are only 2 of rons nephews still alive and they got rid of all there dogs after rons passing.JR rons nephew and partner is helping me in developing my breeding program. He has taught me a lot and hope to learn more before he is gone as he is also having health problems.
keenanskennel
keenanskennel

Back to top Go down

Post  JRB Fri May 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Talk them into letting out pics if they have many ... copy and paste

JRB

Back to top Go down

Post  oldogman Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 am

keenanskennel wrote:Most of the sitze family has passed away now. There are only 2 of rons nephews still alive and they got rid of all there dogs after rons passing.JR rons nephew and partner is helping me in developing my breeding program. He has taught me a lot and hope to learn more before he is gone as he is also having health problems.

Basil keep breeding dog that ron had after ron passed away. Basil raped his step daughter and got locked up. During this time bristow used some of the dogs that basil made. L.sitzes was a drug addict and died a few years ago after being raided at a house rolling dogs.

oldogman

Back to top Go down

Post  MUCKSTER Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks for the info Odb.......you sure seem like a great breeder.........does anybody really care..... Embarassed No No Evil or Very Mad 

MUCKSTER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down